Position: MCC Social Media & Newsroom Coordinator
Employer: Anti-Racism Movement (ARM)
Department: Migrant Community Center (MCC) Operations
Reporting to: ARM Programs Manager
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract Type: Full-time, Renewable
To coordinate the migrant community newsroom and its relevant activities.
To manage the social media accounts of the Migrant Community Center (MCC).
Areas of Contribution & Related Accountabilities
The jobholder’s responsibilities in this area include:
I. Coordinating the migrant community newsroom in collaboration with the project’s Steering Committee and the advocacy/communications team at ARM:
- Coordinating the activities of the migrant community newsroom, which include: capacity-building workshops, production of citizen journalism, monitoring and archiving of media about migrant workers in Lebanon
- Facilitating the design and implementation of a strategic communication campaign led by migrant workers at the Migrant Community Center (MCC).
- Facilitating the production of media guidelines from an ethics, gender-sensitive, and human-rights based perspectives.
- Facilitating the production and dissemination of citizen journalism.
- Facilitating the production and circulation of the media monitoring report. ● Following up on the application of best practices by journalists, media organizations, educators, and other advocacy partners of ARM.
- Presenting project evidence to policy-makers.
- Acting as the focal point of communication with migrant communities, facilitators, volunteers, partners, and Steering Committee of the project.
- Participating in training workshops on media, communications, labor, migration, racism, and other technical trainings organized by ARM.
II. Managing the social media accounts of the Migrant Community Center (MCC):
- Developing a social media strategy and monthly social media plan for MCC. ● Manage MCC’s page on the website and MCC’s social media accounts by: creating and sharing content, responding to comments and messages, flagging important content to management, interacting with audiences in a responsive and professional manner, managing the flow of information, troubleshooting, etc.
- Leading on the creation of visual content with technical support of a designer and translator and in consultation with other teams.
- Tracking analytics to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness of posts and campaigns, to assess performance and strategies.
- Contributing to the development of media campaign strategies for ARM. ● Editing social media content created by other team/project members.
- Ensuring the consistency of MCC’s discourse within all social media content and engagement in collaboration with the advocacy team.
- Identifying gaps in information and raising research topics with the team.
Communications & Work Relationships
- Regular contact with MCC Beirut Coordinator
- Regular contact with ARM Programs Manager
- Regular contact with Migrant Communities
- Occasional contact the ARM Advocacy Team
- Regular contact with Newsroom Steering Committee Occasional contact with relevant Service Providers
- Occasional contact with External Partners
Framework, Boundaries, and Decision Making Authority
The jobholder suggests possible solutions to the Programs Manager for final decision-making and takes necessary actions as needed.
Schedule and Salary
- Schedule: 40 hours/week, 5 days/week, may include weekends/evenings.
- Salary: $1,400 to $1,800 /month, depending on experience
- Deadline for Applications: 31 January, 2021
- Starting Date: February 15, 2021
- Period of Employment: Until December 2021
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University Degree: Bachelor’s in Public Policy, Journalism, Media & Communications, Public Relations, Sociology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a relevant position.
- A background in community organizing, migrant rights, and/or anti-racism work is a plus. A background in multimedia editing, news production, social media management, and/or citizen journalism is a plus.
- Knowledge of human rights and migration issues, the current conditions of migrant workers, and the sponsorship system in Lebanon is a plus.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders, work in a collaborative and participatory setting, and maintain professional relationships and conduct.
- Excellent ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage own time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, leadership skills.
- Proficient language and proofreading skills in English, Arabic, French.
- Please apply via the following form: https://forms.gle/DZP2RnNcJhQoo1Em8
- Kindly note that applications received via email will not be considered.
- Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Application deadline: Sunday, January 31, 2021