April 17, 2014
Join us again this year for the 4th Annual Workers’ Day Celebration & Demand better legal protection for Migrant Domestic Workers! *Event*
For the 4th consecutive year, we will be holding a series of events to mark Workers’ Day, along with hundreds of Migrant Domestic Workers. It will be a three-day event, on May 2-3-4.
Please help us spread the word among Migrant Domestic Workers you know!
More details below:
*Friday, May 2*
11:00am – 1:00pm, Monot Theater, Ashrafieh
“If not for the System…Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon Tell their Stories” by KAFA (enough) Violence & Exploitation. The event will include story telling by domestic workers, followed by Q&A session in the presence of the President of the International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) Ms. Myrtle Witbooi
*Saturday, May 3*
4:00pm – 8:00pm, Parking facing Estral Center, Hamra:
Cultural Festival: The Other Face of Migration
• Photo Exhibition (Caritas Lebanon Migrant Center)
• Crafts & Food Market (Migrant Community Center)
• Sudanese & Ethiopian Concert (Insan Association)
• Ethiopian Coffee Corner (Amel International)
• Interactive Advocacy Corner led by IDWF
*Sunday, May 4*
Workers’ Day Parade & Celebration!
Led by Migrant Domestic Workers.
Departure from Dora Roundabout at 12:00pm (gathering at 11:30am), with a final celebration in Mar Mikhael Train Station starting 1:30pm
There will be FREE bus pick-up and drop off for Migrant Domestic Workers on SUNDAY, to bring people to Dora for the parade and drop them back off after the celebration.
Bus pickup times & places:
– Baabdat (Central Square): 10:00am,
– Bhannes (near Bhannes Hospital): 10:30am
– Broumana (Printania Hotel): 11:00am
– Hamra Street (near Saint Francis Church): 11:00am
– Bikfaya (Central Square): 10:30am
– Antelias (Central Square): 11:00am
– Jal El Dib (White House Hotel) 11:10am
To inquire about this statement and the context, email us or fill the form.